Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sex Blood and still waiting...

So here's my update. I submitted my query in the beginning of March and waited and waited until the proper amount of time (8-10 weeks) to nudge the publisher. But I checked her blog and found that just after I submitted it, she when into a major surgery and was out of commission for over 6 weeks. So I am thinking that she is totally backed up and my emails were getting lost in the back up of other queries! AGH!

Well after my reminder email, I still didn't hear back from her... well it just happens to be that I had the brilliant (so I think lol) idea for the first chapter of my book. So I added it, I think it really brings the reader in to the book quicker. That new first chapter is full of blood and fear ;)

So I emailed the publisher, (after talking to my editor) and asked her if she wanted me to resubmit the book with the new first chapter... she finally wrote back and said absolutely!

So now... I wait... AGAIN! This experience is really a test on my patience.

Blah... I honestly just wish she would let me know, even if she's not interested so I can just go straight self publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment