Sunday, February 26, 2012

Trying to avoid the repeatative beast

So I am coming to a sad realization that writing an erotic horror series has it's difficulties. The ideas of plot are coming easy, but it's the sex scenes that are becoming a problem.

I don't mean the variety of interesting sex scenes, there I have no problem, sex is easily made interesting. duh! But the language, is where the issue lies. I mean, by the 5th book, how many different ways can you describe an orgasm? I even downloaded some free erotic novels on my iPhone to get some idea of how others wrote. Maybe it was because they were free and not well written but they all seemed the same to me. My story was actually written better, at least in my opinion.

But there has to be better ways to write these scenes without seeming like my vocabulary is limited to words like "passionate, explosion, ecstasy, and urgently".

I guess the best thing to do, since I am not willing to pay do download a better erotic novel is to head to the library... now to just get over the embarrassment of asking the librarian "where do you keep the dirty sex books?"

No comments:

Post a Comment